Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sign up here for the tour.

Why hello again, its me, Beth Kopay.  And for this post, I want to write about something more upbeat and happy.  Because lets face it, the last two posts have been rather dark.  So I thought it would be a great idea to give you a tour of the island.  As mentioned before, I was on Utrik, one of the furthest northern islands in the Marshall Islands.  Over the course of the year, I learned to love the island, and everything it embodies.  The people, the place, the love, the hate, everything.  And I feel that it isn't really fair for me to just explain my feelings, for most of you have never been there before.  How can I describe a place and get equal justice from all?  It would be bias towards my opinion, my way of life, my views, and whatever else goes on inside my head.  So on my last few days on island, I took a jambo (or a walk) with my camera, and taped my process.  I started down on my end of the island, and past the school, past Max's house, past the different churches, until I got to the sea.  And now I want to take you on a tour of Utrik.  So please buckle your seat belts, and keep your hands and feet inside the moving vehicle at all times.  Sit back and enjoy the ride.



(Okay, so my video was too large to post on this site, but its up on youtube.  So here is the link! But in order to keep you company for now, here is a video of my host sister, Bajin (with the colorful bands in her hair), and her friend, Tine (with the flowers) dancing.  Its super cute!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xFaynVReKs


No comments:

Post a Comment