Saturday, February 16, 2013

Let's go to the movies!!!

Well, if Utrik had a movie theatre, then I would honestly have gone like every weekend, even if they were playing the same movie (and if that were the case, then I would have memorized it and performed the best one woman show around and it would have been Oscar worthy, just saying).  But alas, Utrik did not have a movie theatre (Majuro did, but it was closed/shut down the whole time, so I don't know if that counts or not...)  But I did get to watch movies, and there was a huge variety to choose from - horror (some medicine gets out and turns people into semi zombies, and they are used as military weapons until gone wrong), comedy... (continued below the picture.)
And that is how we do it!!  (Side -note, they are watching Barbie and the Mermaid, and ALL of them are drawn into the movie's well written plot line, amazing special effects, and that super catchy surfing song...)  What a great quality movie.  I didn't waste my time at all.  Its not like I'm wishing for that 1 hour back...


children's (in which, I would highly recommend Hotel for Dogs - super cute and all my little brothers and sisters loved it, and they loved Max Keeble's Big Move and the evil ice cream man), military (Jessica Simpson's horrible military movie and actually played a huge part in making me consider the National Guard, Inglorious Bastards (okay, I confess, I brought this one!!) and some Matt Damon one) and my personal favorite - FILIPPINO SOAP OPERAS!!!!

Holy cow, those movies (and when I mean movie, I mean like 20 dvds consists of 1 movie - so it was more like a television series) had some great plot lines, great acting, great special effects (holy cow, that house on fire looked absolutely real!  Did you see that?  That looks like real, legit fire!)...

And they were freaking awesome!!!  There were whole days where I would just sit there and stare at the tiny 6 inch screen and watch disk after disk after disk of soap opera.  And for some odd reason, I would always feel like I accomplished something that day.  My favorite was Luisa and Carding (okay the real title was Gulong ng Palad) and after I watched this one, all of the characters in my classroom (for example if I was teaching body parts or acting out a concept), their names would become Luisa and Carding.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5628/tintjgnpscap408ux.jpg


http://www.kabayancentral.com/video/star/stgnpv2.jpg














This show was simply amazing!!  Okay, so Luisa comes from a dirty poor family, and Carding is super rich.  Well, Carding and Luisa are friends when they are little (Luisa's mom is a maid and works for Carding's family), but then Carding's family moves to America because his father suddenly dies from a heart attack.  Well several years pass and now both are teenagers.  And guess who comes back into town... CARDING!  Well, he falls in love with Luisa and same with her.  Haha, well both families don't like this... and lets just say that many many many people try to tear them apart.  And include babies, illegal kidney donations, and very gorgeous people - bad things will happen.  It was great for me to watch!!  And now I am officially addicted to Filippino soap operas, and it is a good addiction.  I hope it never stops...  No 12 step program needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment